creative critical reflection part 1 draft
The conventions I challenged in my "magazine" was the color scheme of the front cover page. Normal magazines aim to catch your eye using bright colors that entrap the consumers therefor enticing them to look at said cover. In my cover photo, I had chosen to use a black and white picture that would stand out in a crowd of competitive magazines. The price to print the cover page would cost much less which saves me money that I can further use for other parts of the magazine. By having black and white, the cover looks more sophisticated and more serious than lets say a teenage aimed magazine about pop stars. By having the cover look more mature and muted, my directed audience of an older demographic (20-55) can appreciate the magazine.
Another convention I challenged was matching the text color with the magazine background color which doesnt happen a lot with other magazines because like stated above, the typical magazines want to catch your eye using multiple colors and multiple fonts. By the font color matching and corresponding with my picture, the whole thing embalms in itself and flows ceaselessly, again, looking more modern and contemporary.
Another convention I challenged was matching the text color with the magazine background color which doesnt happen a lot with other magazines because like stated above, the typical magazines want to catch your eye using multiple colors and multiple fonts. By the font color matching and corresponding with my picture, the whole thing embalms in itself and flows ceaselessly, again, looking more modern and contemporary.
Comments
Post a Comment